One always craves to build a powerful and strong LinkedIn profile, as it is often viewed as a sure shot way to grab the attention of prospective clients. In the age of social selling, LinkedIn has become a tool that can enhance your chances of selling. At the same time, it helps you to create an opportunity to be in the sight of the ones who are important for the business.
If you look to reach out to potential buyers, there are certain ways you can update your LinkedIn profile in such a way that can boost your reputation, and let them know who you are and what you do.
Therefore, let us look at some of the best ways to make a perfect LinkedIn profile that can help in social selling.
- Have a Proper Headline: If you are trying to use LinkedIn as a means of social selling, it is of utmost importance to have a proper headline. The headline must focus on the value you bring to the table. In simple words, it must speak about the role that you play in your profile and the type of clients you serve. The headline is the first thing that your LinkedIn visitors look at, and you must make sure that you have a proper headline to grab the attention of the visitors, as it will certainly help you in social selling.
- Contact Information: In order to make a perfect LinkedIn profile that helps in social selling, you must make sure that you are always reachable and available. Therefore, try to make it easy for your prospective clients for them to get in touch with you easily. Add your email address, phone number, twitter handle, etc. in your profile to make it easy for prospective clients to reach you. You must know that the clients have a lot of options to choose from, and you have to give it your best, to try and connect with them.
- Use Connections Wisely: While it is logical to invite clients – both past and present, to connect on LinkedIn, there are other categories to consider: prospects, professional peers, and press. Remember, when you reach out to people you haven’t met yet, send a personalized invitation that explains why you wish to connect instead of using the LinkedIn template. Such a practice keeps you better placed, as it would help you to offer your products/services to these people because you are connected to them, and you may not need to find out a third point of contact to get into the groove.
- Have a Proper Summary : If you want to use your LinkedIn profile to sell well, you must make sure that your summary is a great one. It is an asset that can give you joys for a long time. However, you must make sure that the content is not repeated. You have to use those 2,000 characters wisely. Try to showcase a more personal side of yourself and update your background. You have to make sure that the prospect feels that you are an interesting and approachable individual. Most importantly, talk about the value you provide.
- Skills and Endorsements : The best part of LinkedIn is that it lets you list up to 50 skills. This is where you can be a step ahead of your competition. If you want that your skillsets be recognized and prospective clients should find you based on those skills, use only the skills which LinkedIn recognizes. Updating your skillsets on LinkedIn goes a long way in setting you up for selling through it, as prospects get attracted to the kind of skillset you have, and always find it easy to deal with a person who possesses the desired requirements.
- Add your Publications if Any: As a sales rep trying to create a perfect LinkedIn profile for social selling, you will have a great advantage if you add the material you have publised to your profile. It helps you to get recognition among the ones who look up to someone like you. Hence, try to add your publications on your profile, as it will keep you a step ahead of your competitors. You also have to make sure that you are identified well by those looking out for people like you. Therefore, it is your responsibility to make sure that you portray correctly what you are.
- Profile Picture: Adding a profile picture makes a profile a bit more approachable. It is always smart to go with a professional headshot, but this doesn’t mean it has to be bland. Show some spark, so anyone viewing your photo sees someone professional, but also someone with whom they would want to work. You don’t necessarily have to be attractive, and even average, typical faces are found to be the most trustworthy. So, you are there with a great chance.
- Few Add-Ons: In order to build a perfect LinkedIn profile for social selling, here are a few more additional information that can be updated on the profile to gain more attention:
- Experience: Adding your experience is very relevant as it helps you to highlight your career and also lets your prospective clients know what you are capable of, and how helpful you can be to them.
- Honours, Awards & Certificates: Try to add your exclusive honours, awards, or any certifications you have in your profile, as it will help your prospective clients to recognize you better.
The above written are just a few tips that would help you to make a very good LinkedIn profile. At the same time, you must try to keep the personality of the buyer in mind. Even before you start building it, spend some thinking about your targets and traits they have in common. Once done, use those traits as a starting point to think about the ways your targets browse social media. Remember, having a profile is not the end of it. A lot of thought process and ground work needs to be done in order to be successful.