In a previous blog, we discussed the benefits of using an inside sales software. Now that we have ascertained that sales software is critical for better managing the sales troop, we will move on to few important features that every sales software must have.
Reps make numerous calls every day to fresh leads or to the prospective customers and at the same time also have to keep a track of their calling activities. But with the advancement in technology, organizations these days believe in faster conversion rate. It is often said that “one who is quick and witty always leads the race.” Therefore sales reps need to ramp up their sales process in order to achieve higher sales growth. Working on improving methodologies is not sufficient for representatives as the new game is challenging as well as needs intelligence in the process. Therefore, it is advisable that sales reps use tools to automate their sales process.
Sales software, empower reps with analytics driven intelligence and advanced communication tool that allows them to prospect faster and close more sales. Reps can witness few benefits like faster response rate, maximum conversions with optimal performance. So, let’s discuss few must have features that every sales software should have:
- Local caller IDs: This feature enables reps to get local numbers instantly and set them as their outbound number, which is what prospects see in their Caller ID. For example: People often don’t pick up calls from toll free numbers as they think it to be sales or spam calls. This in turn effects the calling efficiency of salesperson as each time the call is not answered by the customer. In order to improve the conversion rate, it is necessary that the sales software being used by the rep has the Local caller ID feature to mask their identity in order to increase the call pickup rates. Thus every time reps make a call, they will have the power to choose any local number they want to. This will increase the pickup rates as the prospect might think that the call is from some known person.
- Post call Automation: This feature provides sales reps with the capability of completing post-call tasks by automating every step of the sales process. Reps can complete post-call tasks like recording call logs, taking notes, updating custom fields, auto-converting leads, and then sending emails and text messages. This helps in improving the agent’s efficiency as he can complete his lengthy task within just few minutes.
- Leads Priority: A sales dialer must be smart enough to sense the importance and priority of each lead. With the help of an intelligent software, reps can manage leads by setting priority for leads and categorizing them in an individual bucket. Next time when the rep starts calling, the software automates the priority calls and then starts dialing them automatically. Reps also have the power to manage their follow-ups and achieve sales closure efficiently throughout the sales cycle.
- Whisper Mode: This feature is paramount for coaching and providing suggestions to the reps. The senior manager at any point in the middle of the ongoing call can put the call on whisper mode, wherein the manager can provide suggestions to reps if they go wrong or need help to deal with a customer without the customer’s knowledge.
- Live call monitoring and auto recording: Call monitoring feature is extensively being used by managers for assessing the performance of the reps. The manager at any point in between the call can check the performance of the live call from their own desk. Whereas, the auto voice recording records all the ongoing calls. The useful information that the managers get from these activities are later on used for formulating best practices and designing new strategies for fueling agents productivity.
- Call Disposition: The outcome of a call can be described by “Call disposition”. This feature provides sales managers with valuable intelligence for optimizing their teams sales process. For example: If a rep calls a customer and the customer did not answer the call, here the rep can record the status of the call as “No Answer”. By tracking different disposition metrics, sales managers can gain insight into ways to improve the process of their sales team. Managers can note down the time at which the probability of call pickup is more and hence can ask their team members to call the customers at the same time.
- Real Time Lead Injector: Every organization has potential customers that initiate an interaction with the company at some or other point. These are prospective customers that directly interact with representatives for any kind of useful information or query, and are to be given highest priority in the lead list. Real time Lead Injector serves this purpose by inserting these potential customers in the lead list and giving them high weightage.